Video CV (II)
Numerous examples of this innovative way of getting ourselves known in the labour market can be found on the Internet. However, we are now going to look at a few aspects that should be considered when creating your own video CV.
• You will need a video camera and an Internet connection.
• It should be no longer than two minutes.
• Squeezing information about extensive professional experience into such a short time can be difficult, so you should rehearse until you have the perfect result.
• Essential information to include:
-Professional experience and/or internships (summary)
-Skills / Abilities
-Foreign language skills
• Clear, concise and convincing communication Try to sound natural.
• Non-verbal communication. Pay attention to your gestures, you can reinforce your arguments with hand movements, try to avoid a stiff posture in front of the camera…
• The recording should be made in a quiet place where no background noise can be heard.
• Correct lighting is essential to see the image properly. Rehearse as many times as necessary before starting to record your video CV.
• Editing. Several video editing tools are available, which are easy-to-use and can be downloaded for free from the Internet.
• Remember that you can not only upload your video CV to websites directly involved in video broadcasting activity (Google Video, Vimeo, YouTube, etc.) or the social networks, but you can also send the corresponding link to those companies in which you might be interested in working.
Human Resources ACCIONA